Confirmation of bookings
- All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by Redactive, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after Redactive has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that Redactive may require.
- Upon Redactive’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between Redactive and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
- Redactive reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
- Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. Redactive reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by Redactive. The Fees are payable by credit card, bank transfer or invoice. Your booking is confirmed once you receive your order confirmation from Redactive and all terms apply whether payment has been received or not. You acknowledge that Redactive cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
- The Fees include: all items as advised on the booking prior to confirmation.
- The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
- Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for Redactive to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
- If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact Redactive as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at [email protected] or Redactive Events Limited, 78 Chamber Street, London, E1 8BL.
Refund policy statement for the EAWOP 2022 Congress
- Refunds relating to COVID-19, lockdowns and new travel restrictions
A full refund will be provided on the event booking fee up to the 24 hours prior to the event as a result of the following:
- Government restrictions – within Scotland / UK or originating country to include:
- Travel restrictions
- Positive Covid-19 test result
For all other circumstances outside of COVID-19 lock-down and restrictions Refunds will be provided on the following basis for the booking price only. All travel, hotel costs and expenses relating to attending the event are the responsibility of the individual attending or their institution and will not be refunded by Redactive or the Client.
Written notice received by us % of Fee to be charged
More than 45 days prior to the first day of the Event 50%
Within 45 days to the first day of the Event 100%
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to same credit card account number).
By cancelling your congress registration, you will also cancel your EAWOP membership included in the registration fee. If you would like to keep the benefits of being a member including access to journals, events and funding opportunities then there is full information about the benefits of membership and how to pay your fee directly on the EAWOP website. http://www.eawop.org/how-to-join
- Redactive may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks of us notifying you of the cancellation. You agree that Redactive’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and Redactive will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
- Redactive reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of Redactive) expose Redactive or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, Hong Kong or United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
- Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
- Redactive reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in Redactive’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
- You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit Redactive, or any third party licensed by Redactive, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the event organiser in writing prior to the event day by email to [email protected]ve.co.uk if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
- You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Redactive shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
- Materials distributed by or on behalf of Redactive or a Client at an Event may not be reproduced without Redactive’s permission.
- Views expressed by speakers are their own and Redactive disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Redactive shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- The names, job titles and organisations of all registered delegates will be placed on the delegate list for the Event. This list will be provided to the Client, to sponsoring companies and to all delegates via an attendee directory, so that they can see who is at the Event for the purpose of networking and meetings. If You do not wish to be included on this list please email [email protected] at the time of making your booking. Delegates who register for or receive the attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
- Redactive will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
- These terms contain the entire agreement between You and Redactive.
- If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
- Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
- A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
- These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit Redactive’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
- If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact Redactive at our Registered Office address
- These terms and conditions were published on 25 July 2021 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.